MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So why did I personally pick MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.rockbandhelp.com/forum/Thread-q-a-why-mybb

I wrote a little thing on why I chose MyBB for my forums. Either way, I do appreciate the work of Chris, Ryan, and the rest of them that I didn't mention. Anyways, I felt like sharing it. Feedback appreciated.
I am glad you wrote good things about MyBB in your review. We are glad you enjoy our product Smile
Of course.

You may as well get buzz going about MyBB, you know.
I absolutely have to agree with you, Reason IPB isn't a challange either is due to a lack of proper community ( legal wise...... ) and being a paid product.

If it had the amount of addons as MyBB for free, it would have been a fair match.
Not too bad though, just proves MyBB is the cherry on the forum pie ( phpBB being that part that was burned and scraped off xD )
Good post and very similar to my own decision process.

btw good looking site you have.
(2010-08-26, 08:14 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely have to agree with you, Reason IPB isn't a challange either is due to a lack of proper community ( legal wise...... ) and being a paid product.

If it had the amount of addons as MyBB for free, it would have been a fair match.
Not too bad though, just proves MyBB is the cherry on the forum pie ( phpBB being that part that was burned and scraped off xD )

Don't get me wrong, I like IPB, and its community really has in fact improved a bit since vBulletin guys converted in big numbers. But I mean, you're right. Although the majority of guys moved to 3.0 pretty quickly, it took mod authors a long time to get stuff done.

(2010-08-26, 09:22 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Good post and very similar to my own decision process.

btw good looking site you have.

I appreciate the comments, Jesse. And you know, don't get me wrong, there's still a lot I like about other software (ie. SMF's Package Manager system), and there's a lot that I don't like about MyBB as well (I'll leave that stuff for myself), but hey. The stuff I do like about MyBB does in fact outweigh the stuff I don't, and I never really liked anything fully anyways.