MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This could be cool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be cool if, instead of just displaying the URL like so:

http://www.facebook.com/

It would display the title of the page linked to, like so:

Welcome to Facebook

I think I saw this on another software and thought it would be cool.
I think there's a plugin for 1.4 that does this, I never got round to installing it though...

I've seen this on vB forums, I think it might be part of vBSEO but I may be wrong. Dodgy

Agreed it would be a nice feature.
The code to do this can be found here:
http://www.go4expert.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179
The code that you linked to is very insecure and it could be extremely slow and catching any errors (bad html syntax etc) would still need to be taken into account in the code.
This is a plugin feature, and fairly resource intensive at that. It is a vBSEO feature, and I'm pretty sure its been replicated a few times here (although I'm not to what successful extent).
you can do this via simple bbcode just type in url=domain.com]text here[/url]
oviously don't forget the first [
okies I have just posted a response to another thread regarding this matter

MyBB does have it. it goes something like this

how to modify urls

how to achieve this is by clicking post new reply then in the tool section where u see font etc you will see an icon that looks like 2 mountains.. next to that is a world icon that is the insert hyperlink. click on that and it comes up with a box where u put the URL then it will give another box where you can put the text in.. click ok.
Et Voila the hyperlink is done without showing the URL

hope that helps you smiles
This is a vBSEO only feature for vBulletin. But, I think it would be great if it could be added to MyBB either as core or plugin Smile
Gaara.. see my above post... it is classed as a hyperlink and the action is there when you make a new realy.. not quick one.. or when you start a new thread
That's not what Joshee, Gaara or myself are talking about. vBSEO pulls the actual page title from the actual page automatically so you just post the raw URL and it does the work for you. Smile
Pages: 1 2