MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only directory shows...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Gee, I've installed many Boards but this one is throwing me.

I installed as stated but when I click on my board URL, the root? or directories show. The index.php from the board doesn't kick in.

All I see is my cgi-bin directory, my forums directory, etc. how do I get the forums to come up when I click on the site URL?

In the past, I've used a htaccess file but when I use that I get only the text part showing and no other files...almost a skeleton or "light" board.

www.drywallnetwork.com

TIA,
Numberz
move the files from the forums directory to the route directory, or create a html file to redirect it to your forums folder.
Squall, thanks.

Could you please give me an ecample of what the content should be?

TIA,
Numberz
If you don't want to move your forums to the home/root directory, create a new index/html file in the root directory. You should create the html file as you would normally but put
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=html-redirect.html">
into the head part of the document. Change "html-redirect.html" to wherever your forum index file is. Change 5 to the number of seconds you want to wait before users are redirected. You can see an example of how it works in the "Who's online" page at the bottom of the index on this forum.
decswxaqz, thanks.

Now, since I'm just installing the board new...should I just go ahead and install the board outside of public_html? I thought it was supposed to be installed AFTER or INSIDE of it...as in /public_html/forums

No?

Thanks,
Numberz

BTW, great help on this board and fast too!
The forums should go inside public_html. If it goes outside this folder, noone can access it from the internet.