MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to learn CSS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Learn through MyBB's ACP and notepad++.
I know neither html nor css nor php.

I am learning these simultaneously. Whenever want to do something, i google just the code i need.
How via MyBB Admin CP? Please explain.

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-27, 03:16 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Learn through MyBB's ACP and notepad++.

Yep, I learned by trying to skin IPB 1.3. Forums are actually a very easy way to learn CSS, start by simply changing around colors and links and backgrounds and slowly work from there.

(2010-08-27, 03:27 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-27, 03:16 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Learn through MyBB's ACP and notepad++.

Yep, I learned by trying to skin IPB 1.3. Forums are actually a very easy way to learn CSS, start by simply changing around colors and links and backgrounds and slowly work from there.

Thanks. I think theres as tutorial also on how to create a theme from existing theme.

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-27, 11:51 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]It's honestly something that you just learn. Do you have a knowledge of HTML? You should just know simple things like text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold. As you get more advanced, then you can start using references to help teach you new cool and exciting things.

CSS is very very straightforward and understandable (border: 1px solid black - one pixel solid border). When you are online, just follow the examples and use their editor. It really goes hand in hand with HTML, and isn't something I suggest reading out of a book. Nowadays, especially since the standards push for style-less HTML, it's almost required that you learn them together.

This, And you'll be alright.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Oh i bought a HTML and CSS book from Wiley, it was the best thing i did. Then i stopped for months and kinda forgot. Oh well.
Wiley books are nice. You should read it. Atleast you will get some basic understanding of the topic. Me was not sure to buy one or not so asked here.
(2010-08-28, 03:19 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Wiley books are nice. You should read it. Atleast you will get some basic understanding of the topic. Me was not sure to buy one or not so asked here.

Well i loaned the book, and its gone really. Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3