MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My forum was hacked, and with co-operation from my host, I have the hackers IP.

What can I do with it, like, can I report it to anyone, I don't take hacking lightly.
How was it hacked?
Some sort of SQL injection I think.
Do you want to go to extreme or just minimal regarding complain?
Not extreme lol, maybe minimal. Maybe cut his internet connection. Toungue
If the hacker is good then the IP you have is useless. If the hacker is a script kiddie then contacting their parents is the best you can hope for (ISPs, FBI, Police, etc... don't do much to small scale, low impact attacks). At most he will get a warning or grounded and will result in a lot of paperwork for you.
He's obviously a script kiddie, an actual hacker wouldn't go for a 7k post forum.
Yes KuJoe is wright. You must contact his parents.

Regards
Praveer
search his IP on google. Its probably a proxy IP. If so, contact the proxy owner to see if they will give you his real IP (which they probably wont). In the event they do, eep searching for that new IP. Keep continuing this process until you get an IP that's not a proxy. Then see if you can backtrace it to an ISP.

However, as Kujoe said, the ISP will likely do nothing.
Amazingly enough, this guy was a complete idiot. His IP address pointed to FiOS, so I'm assuming that a proxy was not used. :p
Pages: 1 2 3