MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit "specified thread doesn't exist" [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which file do I modify to change this:
Quote:The specified thread does not exist.
So I can change or add a link or something? Angel

Also, quick question: how do I change the maximum file size of uploading attachments?

Thanks Toungue
In your Admin CP > Configuration > left side look for attachments.
Click it.
In there is all the different file types that can be uploaded to the board. Just increase the size there for the appropriate attachment type.

As for the other issue, did you delete all the posts off a last page on a thread to get that error? If so, just post something and it will bring the page back to life.

If not, can you please post the steps to give you that error so someone can help you.
To the author of the above post, it has nothing to do with the OP.

OP, it should be in a languages file somewhere.
(2010-08-27, 06:15 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]As for the other issue, did you delete all the posts off a last page on a thread to get that error? If so, just post something and it will bring the page back to life.

If not, can you please post the steps to give you that error so someone can help you.

I said I wanted to change what it says. For example, I want it to say "Click here to go back home" instead of saying "specified thread does not exist".
Y'know how?

Thanks for that attachment help by the way. Smile
Yes I see that now, I apologize. I didn't see the wording above the quoted text. It's very hard to notice.
BUT my reply is valid because on v 1.4+ I ran into this issue on merged boards and boards where all posts were deleted off the last page of a thread.

You're welcome on the attachment help. Smile
Ahh but I still didn't solve my problem. Hoping for another person to reply.
(2010-08-27, 06:08 PM)J-Fizzle Wrote: [ -> ]Which file do I modify to change this:
Quote:The specified thread does not exist.

ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> yourlanguage >> messages.lang.php >> error_invalidthread
Thanks AJS Big Grin
Said it was in languages Toungue, didn't know what file though.