MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Cleaner 2.5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi!

Here you can obtain support for Forum Cleaner plugin.

version: 2.5.1
Download: http://mods.mybb.com/view/forum-cleaner
Compatibility: MyBB version 1.6.*
Change Log: http://mods.mybb.com/change-log/forum-cleaner

Allows:
  • select threads or permanent redirects in forum by age of creation date or last post (selection exclude sticky threads) and:
    • close
    • delete
    • move to other forum
  • optionally show forum action description on Forum index and/or on Forum thread list.
    Special thank to pavemen for this idea.
  • delete old Awaiting Activation users with specified number of days after registration (function to be removed in next release)
  • delete Inactive users (users with absolutely no post) with specified number of days after last visit
  • delete orphaned avatar files

Installation

as usual.
copy archive content to root of your MyBB installation and enable plugin.
there is 4 files in archive

inc/languages/english/admin/forumcleaner.lang.php
inc/languages/english/forumcleaner.lang.php
inc/tasks/forumcleaner.php
inc/plugins/forumcleaner.php

Configuration:

You can configure and use plugin in following places:
  • Admin CP / Configuration / Plugins
    install, activate, deactivate or uninstall the Forum Cleaner plugin

• Admin CP / Configuration / Settings / Forum Cleaner options
    General configuration and user deletion configuration

• Admin CP / Forums & Posts / Forum Cleaner
    Configuration of forums to be scanned for old threads and setup actions for found threads

• Admin CP / Users & Groups / Orphaned Avatars
    Find and delete orphaned avatar files

• Admin CP / Tools & Maintenance / Task Manager
    Setup a schedule for Forum Cleaner task

Upgrade from previous versions:

1. disable plugin
  2. replace files
  3. enable plugin

Important Note for 2.4 to 2.5 upgrade: Upgrade process tested on MySQL database only.
If on your database engine in forumcleaner table type of 'fid' field was not changed from INT to TEXT when you enable plugin, please modify type manually, using your favorite tool to access database. Feel free to adopt code to your database and please share your adoption.

code for manual field type change
ALTER TABLE {your table prefix}forumcleaner
     MODIFY fid TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Important Note for 2.x to 2.4 upgrade: Upgrade process tested on MySQL database only. If on your database engine fields forumslist_display and threadslist_display was not added to forumcleaner table when you enable plugin, please add them manually, using your favorite tool to access database. Feel free to adopt code to your database and please share your adoption.

code for manual fields creation
ALTER TABLE {your table prefix}forumcleaner
ADD `threadslist_display` BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, 
ADD `forumslist_display` BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

inspired by problems in AutoExpunge 1.0.
based on heavily rewritten AutoExpunge 1.0 plugin and a lot of copy&paste's from Admin CP tools.
special thank to pavemen for idea of Moderation functions usage.

Comments, suggestions and wishes are welcomed.
Especially in English proof-reading - it is not my native language.

TODO's
no at the moment.

1.4.* compatibility clause removed
Sorry, 1.4.* compatibility clause was removed. I have no test environment to verify it.
however I believe it should work. Please test it before usage on 1.4.* production site.
very nice Wink
I'd like to try
fixed non-destructive bug in thread closing.
you can download new zip from first post.
please replace tasks/cleanforums.php in your MyBB installation if you use previous version.
sorry, another 2 bugs in thread closing fixed. (not actually bugs, but ...)
new zip uploaded.
  • Deletion of Inactive users and Awaiting Activation users added.
  • Options in "Admin CP / Configuration / Settings" added
  • Code beautified
  • Plugin and plugin files renamed

new zip available in the First post.

TODO
I found orphaned avatars in forum, so I'll add Avatars cleaning
can you add an option to append to the forum definitions a line that is like "Topics deleted when last reply is 10 days old. " and account for the time setting (last post, first post) for that forum.
version 2.3 available for download from http://mods.mybb.com/view/forum-cleaner

I'm not sure that I understood well your question.

currently it allows to select "first post" vs. "last post" and setup 10 days age.

also in forum action listing it shows forum like
{forum name} Delete Threads 2 Week(s) for the Last post in thread

you need something else ? or you use a very first version ?
change log between 2.2 and 2.3? Wink
(2010-09-06, 07:15 AM)asmile Wrote: [ -> ]version 2.3 available for download from http://mods.mybb.com/view/forum-cleaner

I'm not sure that I understood well your question.

currently it allows to select "first post" vs. "last post" and setup 10 days age.

also in forum action listing it shows forum like
{forum name} Delete Threads 2 Week(s) for the Last post in thread

you need something else ? or you use a very first version ?

I mean to add to the forum description on the forum index to indicate that a forum is pruned and at what interval.

Check out my site for what I am currently manually coding (and trying to remember to edit when I change a prune time). Its the green text appended to the forum descriptions.
(2010-09-06, 09:00 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]change log between 2.2 and 2.3? Wink
2.2 was not released officially Toungue

but, if you care Smile :

change log between 2.2 and 2.3:
  • 1.6 tested
  • Orphaned avatars handling added
  • User deletion speed optimisations

TODO's
  • Other Orphans handling, like records in threads table without posts, partially created users, etc. (If I found them systematically)
  • Plugin user's ideas (if I find them easy for me to implement)
  • Remove user deletion if "User Pruning" functionality in 1.6 will be changed to delete Registered users based on last visit date (not registration date as now)

(2010-09-06, 09:49 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I mean to add to the forum description on the forum index to indicate that a forum is pruned and at what interval.

Check out my site for what I am currently manually coding (and trying to remember to edit when I change a prune time). Its the green text appended to the forum descriptions.

I see. Well, I'll try to do something like this.
Looks like we need to change templates somehow and I already in some plugins found examples how to do that.

I suspect you mean to add option not globally, but on each Action required to display ?

You should be able to hook into the hook "build_forumbits_forum" in the build_forumbits() function in functions_forumlist.php. its a byref hook so it passes $forum and you can simply update/append to $forum['description'] for those being pruned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6