MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Background Color.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I just recently created my own forum using MyBB. I'm using a theme known as 'Apart 1'. Of course, it is a custom theme.

So now to the problem. I'm having trouble changing the background color. It's currently white, and I'm aiming to change it to black.

I've tried multiple tutorials/guides, and none of them seem to be working. Is it even possible to change the background color of a custom theme?

Thank you all in advance,

Shank N Bake
Which background? the one at the sides of the page or the one behind the content?

For the sides of the page: Go to Templates & Style -> Apart 1 -> global.css -> Advanced Mode - and change the background variable in the body part to what you want. or for behind the content, use the same steps but modify the background variable in the container part instead.
(2010-08-28, 12:57 AM)jlong1 Wrote: [ -> ]Which background? the one at the sides of the page or the one behind the content?

For the sides of the page: Go to Templates & Style -> Apart 1 -> global.css -> Advanced Mode - and change the background variable in the body part to what you want. or for behind the content, use the same steps but modify the background variable in the container part instead.

I've already tried exactly what you stated. Didn't work at all for me.
I think you want to change the background colour for #content in global.css

If that's not what you're asking can you provide a screenshot indicating which area you want to change. Smile
(2010-08-28, 01:37 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I think you want to change the background colour for #content in global.css

If that's not what you're asking can you provide a screenshot indicating which area you want to change. Smile

Wow, you just know everything don't you? Thank you very much for your help. Smile
It's currently white, and I'm aiming to change it to black.I've tried multiple tutorials/guides, and none of them seem to be working. Is it even possible to change the background color of a custom theme?
Oh okay, I'm not familiar with the Apart themes - don't like them that much.