MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice for long term SMF user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i also can give you the sql query to get the password convert working again but i'd have to look it up for you also if you want any help with the conversion give me a shout as i converted from rc3.
Yes i belive it is still present in the 1.6 version
also feel free to check out my forum in my sig.
Ok will do Thanks adbrad Smile
run this query for password convert:
UPDATE `dbname`.`mybb_users` SET `passwordconverttype` = 'smf2'
obviously change dbname for the name of your database
Hi adbrad,

Thanks for coming back so quickly to me.

Hmm which database the SMF one or the myBB one.

Oh and does the myBB database have to be within the same database as the SMF database.

Ok that sounds weird, I mean that at the moment my SMF database is within the same database as my website database, in other words my main website database also contains the SMF tables as well as some Gallery2 tables, is the merge software intelligent enough to pick up the smf tables only they all have the prefix of smf_

Jon
you will tell the mere system which database to convert including the prefix.
run the query after you've converted on the mybb database.
and you can have the mybb db seperate from the smf db in otherwords no they don't have to be within the same database for the merges to work just on the same srver.
lol adbrad you are worse than me when it comes to typing quickly Smile

I guess you meant merge and server

Ok I understand what you are saying as I said in my other post I am concerned with a few potential pitfalls

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your detailed response

Jon.
(2010-08-29, 07:42 PM)edjon2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you meant merge and server

that is what i meant. i have replied to your other post to
Ahh fantastic adbrad thank you for all of your help Smile
Pages: 1 2