MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Couple More Issues [Pictures Included]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First issue:

Unreadable icon text.

So I am changing my background color from white to black.

Here it is white:

[Image: SeKVh.png]

Here it is black:

[Image: 76TKH.png]

As you can see, the text is no longer readable and the icons look somewhat cruddy.
How would I go about removing those icons and replacing them with my own?

Second issue:

Cropping Navigation Bar.

[Image: 3bmJ9.png]

You notice the gray bar below the banner with all of the control panels on it? I want to bring it down so that it is hardly a centimeter away from the forum tabs. I want to trim the left and right sides of it so that it is the same width as the rest of the template. I also would like to remove the text that says "Counter Strike Community" in between the navigation bar and the forums tabs. Any idea on accomplishing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shank N Bake
1. Add a color to the #content class and change the color for .navigation is global.css

1a. You can simply upload new on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif images to your themes image folder.

2. Are you sure you want to do that? It's going to look a mess and/or require much more editing...

In the header template, find:
		<div id="content">
			<div class="wrapper">
				{$pm_notice}
				{$bannedwarning}
				{$bbclosedwarning}
				{$unreadreports}
				{$pending_joinrequests}
				<navigation>
				<br />
Move it above:
			<div id="panel">
Thank you very much.

2. That actually worked out quite nicely. Now is it possible that I could remove the text that says "Counter Strike Community"? I would also like to move the navigation bar up about a centimeter. Would that be possible?
That's the start of your breadcrumb, when you're viewing threads, forums etc that's useful to allow members to quickly navigate the forums. Removing that will pee off a lot of potential members that are used to it being there. But if you really want to remove it just find and delete this in your header template:
<navigation>
Haha, sorry I guess you didn't understand what I meant. There's black text in between the banner and the navigation bar that simply says "Counter Strike Community". It's not a link, you can't click on it, and it's just annoying and there. All I want to do is remove that. I'll change the template back to white so that you can see it.

Also, I just wanted to move the navigation bar up a tad bit. About a centimeter, so that it's not completely smashed against the forum tabs. Is that possible?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
(2010-08-28, 03:03 AM)Shank N Bake Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, sorry I guess you didn't understand what I meant. There's black text in between the banner and the navigation bar that simply says "Counter Strike Community". It's not a link, you can't click on it, and it's just annoying and there. All I want to do is remove that. I'll change the template back to white so that you can see it.

Yeah that's the breadcrumb. Click onto a forum and you'll see what I mean. Smile

(2010-08-28, 03:03 AM)Shank N Bake Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I just wanted to move the navigation bar up a tad bit. About a centimeter, so that it's not completely smashed against the forum tabs. Is that possible?

Add this .panel .lower in global.css
margin-bottom: 15px;

Quote:Yeah that's the breadcrumb. Click onto a forum and you'll see what I mean. Smile

Oh haha, I understand now. Sorry about that. Is it possible to change what it says?

Quote:Add this .panel .lower in global.css
margin-bottom: 15px;

Thank you very much. Smile
(2010-08-28, 03:17 AM)Shank N Bake Wrote: [ -> ]Oh haha, I understand now. Sorry about that. Is it possible to change what it says?

I don't think so, not without a plugin or core files edits anyway. It just displays the board name as set in the ACP.