MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: permission problem with admin folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

the problem is that when I create a mass mail list to be sent to users of my forum, then I go to task manager, and run the mass mail task to make it send the mails immediately to users [they're about 320 users]

after this process end, I've refreshed the admin panel to see that it gives me this error :
Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I went to file manager, suddenly found that admin folder permission is 000
and the problem is that it can't be set or chmodded to 644 or 755 or 777, all in vain, the folder permision came back to 000 and it says file op error
, permission not allowed

so what can I do to fix this problem, I've no acess to the admin panel right now and when I change its path in the config to a new name and upload this admin pane folder with the new name, the problem came again.

thanks in advance..
You have to ask your host to set the permissions to 644. Smile
mmmmm, my host says they've nothing to do on their end.
btw, thanks darkly for help.
So, all the CHMODs go to 000, you try and change them to proper settings, they always go back to 000, but your host says it's nothing to do with them??

If that's the case, your host is an idiot, find a new one.
yes Matt, it is what is happening with me as you've said.
my host says that this the second time this issue appears, and they still can't figure out why this issue occurred and what is causing it.