MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make "forums" directory go to forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to I make it so that if you type xxxx.com/forums, it goes to xxxx.com/forums/index.php? I feel that this occurred automatically with past installations, but this time it is just a directory listing.
It should happen automatically with all webservers. Be sure to check there is only one file named index.ANYTHING. Also be sure to make sure the index file actually exists.
Are you sure all files as well as index.php are uploaded into root/forums/?
(2010-08-29, 05:06 AM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]It should happen automatically with all webservers. Be sure to check there is only one file named index.ANYTHING. Also be sure to make sure the index file actually exists.
I have one index, and it is there.

(2010-08-29, 05:19 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure all files as well as index.php are uploaded into root/forums/?
Yes.
Try adding the line shown below to .htaccess. Smile

DirectoryIndex index.php
I found the problem. .htaccess somehow got renamed htaccess.txt without me knowing. Now it works.
.htaccess is always named htaccess.txt, because computers can't understand a file with a . at the beginning.