MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB GoMobile - Official Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i am saying the for Opera Mobile 10 in "mobile mode" will be detected by your site and use the mobile theme. its just way to wide so i need to scroll L-R

also subdomain method is easier if you use a plugin to detect the subdomain and adjust the theme, and adjust $mybb->settings['bburl'] to use the subdomain. as long as the cookie path is the simple "/" it will work just fine. just have the subdomain point to the root folder when you set it up and there would be no upgrade issues.
(2010-08-31, 03:14 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i am saying the for Opera Mobile 10 in "mobile mode" will be detected by your site and use the mobile theme. its just way to wide so i need to scroll L-R

I kind of get what you're saying but I can't really fix it without more detail (what mobile mode is, etc.).

Quote:also subdomain method is easier if you use a plugin to detect the subdomain and adjust the theme, and adjust $mybb->settings['bburl'] to use the subdomain. as long as the cookie path is the simple "/" it will work just fine. just have the subdomain point to the root folder when you set it up and there would be no upgrade issues.

... but again if you want to auto-detect mobiles you still need to match a regex so this essentially adds more work. I'm not completely opposed to the idea I just see more work and no benefit.
mobile mode is a setting in the browser that lets you choose to view the page as you would a desktop or a mobile browser. It basically changed the user agent from the device and renders the pages differently (basically more simplistically), regardless of a site's support for mobile browsers.

for me, using 'mobile mode' is the only way i can view your mobile theme, otherwise my cell phone will render no different than my desktop or laptop.

regarding the subdomain issue, if you offer a mobile subdomain, you dont really need to detect the user agent, regardless of the user agent, the mobile theme will be used. this way you are not bound to a list of user agents that can/do change ( and folks like me wont have to keep changing how their mobile browsers work with each site visit)

however, for a user's first visit they would have to render the full site, not the mobile one. but form there they could figure out the mobile link and go from there.

its just an option.
Oh okay, I see now. I'll find a user agent for you and see if it works.

The user agents shouldn't change too often though once the list is complete, and besides, there are generic ua's that cover several phones.
Now this sounds reaaaaaaaaaally bad looking at one of my latest threads.. but, you could detect the resolution, and set everything under it to go to mobile? I don't know really, thats just spitballing.
iPhone 4 runs higher res than most ie6 computers.
(2010-08-31, 11:44 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]iPhone 4 runs higher res than most ie6 computers.

IE6 should never have existed. Smile
Okay, WinXP.
(2010-09-01, 12:21 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, WinXP.

Same statement, but replace IE6 with Windows XP. Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8