MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting without an account?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if it is possible to allow users to post without an account on MyBB? The forum would be password protected and there would be a set amount of users managed by the admin. User registration would be turned off.

Ideally it would be good for users to just enter the password to view the forum and then post without actually having to sign into an account. However I'm not sure if that is possible.

The second option would be to have 1 account which all of the members could sign into in order to post on the forum. If you change the settings then that would be possible right?

Do you have any ideas as to how I could allow users to post without each user having a separate account?

Thanks
You can password protect a forum by going to:
Forum Management
Editing the forum settings
Forum Password

That adds a password for the forum.

To enable Guest posting, you just give them permission to post on the forum.

I also don't understand:
Quote:Do you have any ideas as to how I could allow users to post without each user having a separate account?

Could you elaborate?
Basically the idea is that this is a closed forum. Users need a password to get in. Once they're in then I don't want them to have to have an account in order to post.

Actually I think that giving permission for guests to post would work. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

If I allow guests to post then only the people who know the password can access the forums, and once they do, they don't need an account to post. Sounds perfect.

The next problem is that there also needs to be a Gallery for people to upload pictures to. Do the gallery plugins for Mybb rely on user accounts or can you set it up so that anyone can upload pictures to it?

Thanks
I think you have to code your own 'Gallery Page'.
You could try this plugin; http://mybbsource.com/thread-1356.html
regarding members being able to post. Just allow guests to post in that forum...