MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need simple form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a simple form where users can submit there name and email. And the submitted name and email will be stored on a .txt file. Can anyone please create this simple php form for me?

I am beginner in php so I tried but unable to create one.

txt file or database? db would be better imo but I'll have a crack at this either way.
Which is easier? If db is easier then better to save the data in db.
As far as I know accessing a database is faster than using files (someone with more php knowledge can confirm), but it's really up to you as far as how you'll be using it.

I'll start this tomorrow and make both a db and file-based version.
(2010-08-30, 03:31 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know accessing a database is faster than using files (someone with more php knowledge can confirm), but it's really up to you as far as how you'll be using it.

I'll start this tomorrow and make both a db and file-based version.

Thank you very much. Smile
I'm thinking that db would be faster, unless the server was hosted externally and had a lot of latency.
Database access is much faster and easier. Searching through a text file may be quicker if there is like 5 lines, but once you have a text file with 100,000 names In it would be slow.

From my knowledge php loads the entire file into RAM too :s so that would be awful fr a huge file
There are already a lot of scripts which can help you do this for example (just from google) http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpdbform/

But it depends how simple and how customised you want it to be Toungue
I'm trying to find Joe's but since he restyled his site with BBpress and now MyBB, i can't seem to find it.
Pages: 1 2