MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems merging SMF2.0rc3 attachments to myBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have run into the following problem

Converting from SMF 2.0rc3 to myBB 1.6
Using myBB merge system 1.6

I have run the merge system succesfully up to the point at which it tries to import the attachments, at this point I get the attached error message.

At first I thought that is was the .htaccess file in the attachments directory so I temporarily renamed that to htaccess.txt and double-checked the folder permissions which are currently set to 755 however the error still exists.

Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated.

edit.. could this be related to bug 906
I never got that, try the bug fix and then run it again as the link to the bug was in a nother thread about asimilar problem.
Just about to try it now, btw I think your forum looks great
Hmm it almost worked, initially it flagged the same error but then I pressed back and then resume and it started to import something, I had to keep pressing the next button until all 127 had been imported in batches of 20.

I then had a look at a typical page which I know has attachments and this is what I get
[attachment=19653]
if I then click on one of the links, I get this
[attachment=19654]
so I am still a bit stuck.

Jon.
Having looked into it a bit further it would appear that the attachments are not being imported, so the error message is correct regardless of whether I apply the bugfix or not, I am wondering if it could be the way that SMF2.0rc3 stores its attachments here is a listing taken from the SMF attachments directory it seems to append a hash to the end of the filename extension.

Hmm on checking the convert logs it is picking up the filenames just not the actual files.
There were 3 bugfixes related to the SMF Attachments portion of the Merge System recently. It requires more testing before it can be released, and bugfixes to other portions as well. Please be patient as we're taking care of it as quickly as possible.
Hi Dylan M.

Thank you for responding, it's nice to know that it is being looked into, I was wondering if I had been doing something wrong.

Apart from that issue the merge system is a fantastic piece of coding keep up the great work Smile

Jon.
Thanks.
i had a similar issue with some attachments but at the time only had a few attachments so either just re attached them or deleted them.
also i see you have avatars mybb does not use attachments to store avatars so not sure what you wanted to do with them.
Sorry adbrad was up to my neck putting together some custom PHP coding for my new site

Ah yes the avatars in the SMF attachments directory, they only appear there if a member uploads a custom avatar into their profile, as there are only a few, they can always upload them into the myBB forum again, once the merge system has been sorted out, the new site won't be going live for a while, I still have a ton of work to do on that.

I have noticed the way that myBB deals with attachments it is quite unique.

Jon.
I think I'll try the merge on my local server and check what issues if any occur at every step maybe it can give me a bit of an insight as to what the problems are, I'll probably screen cap the procedure so as I can pick up on whats happening, I believe there was also an error when importing users but the info went past so quickly on the screen I couldn't read it.

Jon
In addition I will try this on both Windows and Linux to see if there are any differences