MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Problem With Some Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
some users in my forum can't login.
It appears a password error but the password is correct, any ideas?

I created a new account and it works. It isn't a database problem i think, because the admin panel login works.
Have you merged from different forum software to MyBB at any point?? If so, make sure the loginconvert plugin is activated.
No, I didn't
Link? Test account?
http://habbings.altervista.org/afz/index.php

Username: Demo
Psw: demotestmybb

The psw is correct so don't say to check it please Wink
(2010-08-30, 10:20 PM)lollo10! Wrote: [ -> ]Username: Demo
Psw: demotestmybb

The psw is correct so don't say to check it please Wink

Is this account supposed to be broken? It works fine for me.
i small number of my users have the same problem. they login and get the successful message pops up and redirect but they show as a guest still. i have had them clear cache and cookies, reload the browser and log back in, even after I deleted their records in the sessions table.

their cookies are enabled and not blocking my domain. i have no idea what the problem is. i am going to start having them create a new account and see if they can log in with that and if so, i will merge the old user data into the new one.
@ AJS: Cache & Cookies deleted, now the Demo users works fine form me too, but not the other one.

@ pavemen: I think that I'll do the same: create a new account and merge, thanks

(2010-08-30, 11:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i small number of my users have the same problem. they login and get the successful message pops up and redirect but they show as a guest still. i have had them clear cache and cookies, reload the browser and log back in, even after I deleted their records in the sessions table.

I have exactly the same problem. Sad

Create new accounts an merge them, is not a solution for me. That does not solve the problem.

(2010-08-31, 06:48 PM)capsicum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-30, 11:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i small number of my users have the same problem. they login and get the successful message pops up and redirect but they show as a guest still. i have had them clear cache and cookies, reload the browser and log back in, even after I deleted their records in the sessions table.

I have exactly the same problem. Sad

Create new accounts an merge them, is not a solution for me. That does not solve the problem.

their cookies are enabled and not blocking my domain. i have no idea what the problem is. i am going to start having them create a new account and see if they can log in with that and if so, i will merge the old user data into the new one.

both of these sound like this to me
http://community.mybb.com/thread-42123.html
Pages: 1 2