MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force a Default Avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to force a default avatar for new users who have yet to upload an avatar to the forums and for existing user's who have not uploaded any avatar to the forums?

I have tried this Mod here but it did not work.

Thanks Smile
If you need it for MyBB 1.6 you can change the compatibility number ;D
Read this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html
Worked wonderfully! Thank you both!

Whoops, I don't know if this is related but.

I'm getting this when trying to register as a new user for testing.

Yes, it's this plugin causing that error as I just now disabled it and I can register with no problems at all.

Any other suggestions?
This is why we make it clear that just changing the version won't make all plugins work.

You need to remove this:

if($mybb->settings['defaultprofile_remember'] == 1)
{
	$user->user_insert_data['remember'] = 1;
}
else
{
	$user->user_insert_data['remember'] = 0;
}

and this:

'defaultprofile_remember' => array('Remember Login', 'Remember login status next time the user visits?', 'yesno', '1'),
(2010-08-30, 04:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This is why we make it clear that just changing the version won't make all plugins work.

You need to remove this:

if($mybb->settings['defaultprofile_remember'] == 1)
{
	$user->user_insert_data['remember'] = 1;
}
else
{
	$user->user_insert_data['remember'] = 0;
}

and this:

'defaultprofile_remember' => array('Remember Login', 'Remember login status next time the user visits?', 'yesno', '1'),

Thank you this allowed me to finally register a new user for testing. However I'm afraid this plugin doesn't work like the other I had tried in the past. Not sure why either but won't bother you with a Mod support type question here.

I guess if there's no way to do it there is no way to do it and I'm okay with that Smile

Thanks for all your help!