MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a Guests Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

So i want to make a guests only forum. Everything seemed fine, i posted as a guest. However, two things were a problem.

1) The guests could not see the content of the thread. I have Jammers "Guests can not view threads" plugin. This was despite the fact i enabled guests to view threads for this forum in particular.

2)When i was doing a test post as a guest, it asks for a username and password, is there anyway to remove that or do something with it so that they are called Guest1, Guest2 etc etc by default?

Thanks.
(2010-08-30, 07:48 PM)manchester10 Wrote: [ -> ]2)When i was doing a test post as a guest, it asks for a username and password, is there anyway to remove that or do something with it so that they are called Guest1, Guest2 etc etc by default?

They don't have to enter a username or password, it's optional. By default the post will appear as Guest unless they enter something into those fields. I think entering a username and password allows them to edit the post, not sure on that though.

If you have a plugin that stops guests viewing threads then obviously they won't be able to see threads.
Thanks for the speedy reply as always AJS.

Just a quick question, when a guest tries to view thread/post, they get this error:

"Please Sign Up or Log In.
Guests cannot view the contents of threads. Please register in order to be able to view threads."

But over on other forums, like hackforums, the error page is much nicer to view:

[Image: errorlogin.png]

Dont think im a lazy bugger (Toungue), just wanted to know what that was, paid or free.
What you see on your forum probably comes from the plugin?

The screenshot is the core MyBB permissions error page.
Yes thats right, it does come from the plugin.

Hackforums, and Mybbextras have the core permissions error page but with a similar plugin as mine. It must be something with the error that needs changing.

error("Guests cannot view the contents of threads. Please register in order to be able to view threads.","Please Sign Up or Log In.");
Have you give them all the permissions in that forum?