MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change attatchment upload limit ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By default it is 500KB, but I have rar files which I want to upload in attatchments and also it will be good for subscribers if the upload limit is increased.

So how to increase it for one file?
You can't increase it for one file. (Someone can correct me)
If you want, say, Subscribers to be able to upload larger files.
Go to in Admin Control Panel
Users > Groups > Right click Subscribers > Permissions > Change upload size
Well you need to make sure your site allows this file type.
ACP>Configuration>Attachment types. If its not on the list you need to add it to the list and it will allow you to up the size from there. If the file type IS on the list click and edit it and up the size. Sorry if this wasnt what you wanted.
(2010-08-30, 09:33 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need to make sure your site allows this file type.
ACP>Configuration>Attachment types. If its not on the list you need to add it to the list and it will allow you to up the size from there. If the file type IS on the list click and edit it and up the size. Sorry if this wasnt what you wanted.

Wel, thankyou, this was what I wanted Smile
(2010-08-30, 09:47 PM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-30, 09:33 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need to make sure your site allows this file type.

Wel, thankyou, this was what I wanted Smile
Your welcome! Smile

You can set the limit to whatever you want , but it really depends on what your hosts php file upload limit is. If you set the upload limit to 20mb and your hosts php limit is 10mb then the max limit will be 10mb regardless.

You need to contact your host to increase your limit, in order for your mybb admin settings to become effective.