MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Access Denied"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This forum is hosted on my server, and it's getting an error that I can't seem to figure out. When accessing any page in the root directory (index.php, showthread.php, etc.) it simply gives the message "Access Denied".

When accessing folders, like /admin/ or /images/ everything works fine. Nothing on the server seems to be causing the problem.

This is what the page is returning:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11
Set-Cookie: mybb[lastvisit]=1283223618; expires=Wed, 31-Aug-2011 03:00:18 GMT; path=/; domain=.sextoychat.com
Set-Cookie: mybb[lastactive]=1283223618; expires=Wed, 31-Aug-2011 03:00:18 GMT; path=/; domain=.sextoychat.com
Set-Cookie: sid=b802c071b5f7bd82523e2d45df296d22; path=/; domain=.sextoychat.com; HttpOnly
Content-type: text/html

Access Denied

The website (Once it is back online, it is potentially NSFW so warning): sextoychat.com

In addition, in the Admin CP User Management --> Edit User

The tab "Account Settings" gives access denied while Avatar, Signature, and Mod Options doesn't return anything.
Any plugins?? That text only seems to be generated by MyBB when you don't have permission to access a part of the ACP, and not in that way anyway.
Disable showteam.php Plugin - Activated
SignHeightLimit - Activated
Ads Manager Plugin - Deactivated, Installed
Akismet - Uninstalled
Board Messages - Activated
Favorite Threads - Activated
Google Analytics - Activated
Google SEO - Deactivated, Installed
Hello World! - Deactivated
Last Visitors in Profile - Activated
Menu Manager - Deactivated, Installed
Page Manager - Activated
Private Messages Admin - Deactivated
PostAd(lite) - Deactivated
Profile Buddies - Activated
Profile Comments - Activated
ProStats - Deactivated
reCAPTCHA Plugin - Activated
Sidebox - Activated
Snowstorm - Deactivated
Undo Delete - Activated
User Profile Permission - Activated

Master Meta Tag was installed when this happened. I deactivated, uninstalled and deleted it though.
What is the permissions set on those files? I remember having it myself to index.php and after cmodding it the issue went away.
I looked, everything was properly CHMODed.
Quick way to rule out plugins (really wish I remembered to suggest this more often...)... in ./inc/init.php, find:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

add after:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

If it's OK after doing this, it's a plugin, if it still happens, it ain't.
Ah! We're getting somewhere:

Access Denied
Fatal error: Call to a member function run_hooks() on a non-object in /home/sextoych/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 238
That's... weird. Not what I expected to happen. Did you just add that one line?? If it's giving this error then $pluigns hasn't been defined, and that code shouldn't affect that.
Yes, that's all I have added in. If you wish, I can give you FTP access to look around (if you don't have time, no problem).

I'm thinking if anything, a clean install may be necessary.
I can have a quick look now.
Pages: 1 2