MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP not accessible. What should I try next? *Resolved*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before the upgrade, I removed some of the folders and files for various reasons. I removed the portal.php so that my pro portal would not get messed up. That worked like a charm. I also removed some of the image folders to save time and not overwrite my custom images.

After the install, the board works fine, but needs some template tweaking. The trouble is that only some of my AdminCP functions. Most of the options in the index on the left do not work. The tabs mostly work, such as to bring up the Configuration menu, but when I try to click on the option to turn off the board, I get a blank screen.
It will not go to the Templates screen. It just reverts to the home page of the AdminCP.

What files and/or folders should I try to overwrite? I have tried several to no avail. Blush

http://southernskater.com
user: tester
Pass: mybbtester
If I recall, there is a feature to check for corrupt installations in the AdminCP. But I'm new to MyBB- so I'm probably wrong... :/
I am in the process of deleting and reloading my folders. Then I will try to install again.
This is not my first upgrade. I can't understand what I did wrong with this site.
I tried to start over with my saved folders and database backup. It got the site back up to where it was before I tried to upgrade, but I cannot get to the AdminCP. I get this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function games_meta() in /home/reser15/public_html/skater/admin/index.php on line 316
I cannot figure out what it is telling me. I need some expert help.

Could this be a CHMod problem?
I can't turn off the plug-ins because I cannot access the ACP.

I have tried replacing files and folders but I am apparently barking up the wrong tree.
I completely deleted everything in the home folder and all tables in the database, then restored them with the backups I made just before the upgrade. I don't see how it could be missing a file. Shouldn't it be exactly as it was before I started updating?
Could I delete the folders again, leave the database tables alone, then do a clean install of 1.6?
Please help. I would cherish any clue that might point me in the right direction. I am still trying, but I really need some help, guys.
A wild guess? Anyone??
Nevermind. I found it. I had uploaded too many files. I had loaded some in an overlapping manner. Home/Admin had another Admin folder including everything under it. Duh!

I nearly pulled all of my hair out on that one.