MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Give certain usergroups rights to view other threads in a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've set permissions for the general usergroup "registered users" to be able to see only their own threads. Now for my moderator group for instance this isn't set, they should be able to see all threads - yet they can't see anything in there either. Only full board administrators can. Could you tell me how to fix that?

Regards
Do your moderators have additional usergroups assigned to them?
(2010-08-31, 04:26 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Do your moderators have additional usergroups assigned to them?

Yep is that a problem?
(2010-08-31, 05:18 PM)ray187 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep is that a problem?

Unfortunately yes, in MyBB permissions 'Yes' overides 'No' so if your moderators are in an additional usergroup which is set to only view their own threads that will overide the setting in their primary usergroup.
This is quite an issue for me then as my group structure is set up so registered users is the main group which everyone belongs to and all additional groups have no perms at all but access to their respective private forum sections - as this eases the whole forum permission work up a lot.

Too bad I cannot do it like this then.

Thanks a lot for informing me!
(2010-08-31, 06:21 PM)ray187 Wrote: [ -> ]This is quite an issue for me then as my group structure is set up so registered users is the main group which everyone belongs to and all additional groups have no perms at all but access to their respective private forum sections - as this eases the whole forum permission work up a lot.

Too bad I cannot do it like this then.

Thanks a lot for informing me!

There's a plugin that does something similar, perhaps that will work for you, I think it's at http://forum.mybbplugins.net/index.php Smile