MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Q about Inherited permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always wondered about this since I'm using MyBB: if you select "Inherited" permission for a user group in a specific forum, are we talking about inheriting the permissions from the category the forum is in, or are we talking about something else?

I'm used to setting forum permissions for every single forum and category separately, but maybe that's way more work than actually needed?

Because sometimes a category has in example no post new threads permission for regular members, but a forum within that category automatically gives permission for regular members to post new threads, even if the permissions are set to "Inherited" for that usergroup.

The only thing I can find is this in the wiki:

Quote:Selecting "Use user group permissions or inherit from parent forums" will use any inherited permissions, be it from the parent forum, or user group. Selecting "Use custom permissions (below)" will allow you to set the permissions for this group for this forum only.

But I still don't understand what happens if the parent forum has different permissions for the specific group compared to the standard permissions of the user group. Which permission will overrule?