MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Generic Signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make a plugin so that when it's edited (either through a direct file or ACP) certain user's signatures on the forum show it?

For example, if I set some text or URL's in the ACP through the plugin, it appears in all their posts in their signature. Basically, I just want to edit the text, and for it to show in certain signatures.

I run a promotion forum and it's pretty time consuming going through user's profile just to add URL's/text to their signature, which is why I hope I can do it all in one place.
Is this 1.4.x or 1.6.x?

If its 1.4.x then you can make a generic signature for all members who haven't edited their sig Smile it's done by a plugin called "default profile" Smile
Well I run 1.6, would default profile work for it?
Not sure, haven't tried Wink

I would assume so Smile
(2010-08-31, 07:06 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to make a plugin so that when it's edited (either through a direct file or ACP) certain user's signatures on the forum show it?

yes. it is possible.
(2010-09-09, 03:19 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-31, 07:06 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to make a plugin so that when it's edited (either through a direct file or ACP) certain user's signatures on the forum show it?

yes. it is possible.

Well thanks, that helps a whole lot.
(2010-09-09, 11:24 AM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-09, 03:19 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]yes. it is possible.
Well thanks, that helps a whole lot.
* Nayar says "ur welcome" Big Grin
I tried default profile and it doesn't work with 1.6 because of the "remember" column.
So what would I have to do to get it to work with 1.6? Or does anyone know if the plugin author is going to update it?