MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme and Header change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have downloaded mybb and somehow installed it successfully. Now that I need to change the theme, I have a few questions. Please help.

1. I use firebug in firefox to check the code. I see html pages where I can edit and check how the page looks on the fly. However, I do not see any html pages in ACP themes and templates. How do I do it? ie, I need to change the header in the default theme. Not the logo, but the background and all.
2. I have downloaded another theme and the theme has something like "Forums" next to the logo. I need to remove that and the hyperlink to it. How to I do it? Again not available in ACP -> Themes&templates - > Headers
3. If I have downloaded a theme under creative license, can I edit the theme for a commercial site as per my wish?
4. Where are all html pages stored for mybb?
5. If you can provide a link which can help as a complete guide to change theme, it would be helpful. I am new to php, but I can manage to learn and change soon
6. Also, can I change the wait time of window after each update, like after login, we get a message as successful login, please wait while it goes back, or when someone posts ...

Thanks,
Praveen
Hi,

Nobody to help? Please assist.

Thanks,
Praveen
Hi there - lot of questions Smile

You will find the HTML in the template files - in your ACP (Admin control panel) under templates and themes.

The logo and so on is usually defined in the theme - if you go to the theme tab and click on a theme then you can scroll down and look where the images are stored.

Some themes have the logo in the header include -Justin S used to have that in the afresh for 1.4.

Not sure on the licences.

For where stuff is - try this thread

http://community.mybb.com/thread-33809.html

its for 1.4 but still pretty reliable.
(2010-09-02, 12:41 AM)leesester Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there - lot of questions Smile

You will find the HTML in the template files - in your ACP (Admin control panel) under templates and themes.

The logo and so on is usually defined in the theme - if you go to the theme tab and click on a theme then you can scroll down and look where the images are stored.

Some themes have the logo in the header include -Justin S used to have that in the afresh for 1.4.

Not sure on the licences.

For where stuff is - try this thread

http://community.mybb.com/thread-33809.html

its for 1.4 but still pretty reliable.

Hi,

Thats all good enough for a supporting hand. Thanks a lot. Smile

Pravi
No problem - also, I THINK that wait time thing is the friendly redirect - you enable/disable it in the ACP

in Server and optimisation

Friendly Redirection Pages
(2010-09-02, 01:46 PM)leesester Wrote: [ -> ]No problem - also, I THINK that wait time thing is the friendly redirect - you enable/disable it in the ACP

in Server and optimisation

Friendly Redirection Pages

That is how you would turn it on/off but if you want to change the delay you have to go to: Admin CP --> templates & style --> templates -->redirect templates --> redirect

find
Quote:<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;URL={$url}" />
and change the bold bit to the time in seconds Big Grin