MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help - Restricted Admin Access to Admin Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On our website, we (by which I mean I) accidentally selected an option within the admin control panel to TAKE AWAY admin access to the control panel. I cannot login to the control panel at all, and as a deserved consequence, my site is suffering!

Oh holy gurus of MyBB, help me in my hour of need!

Note: It isn't just user groups, as I have tried the SQL below, I have actually blocked admin access to the control panel.

Tried this: UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = '4' WHERE uid = '1';

Help!!

Thank you!! Blush
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups';
Refresh the forum, and then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > usergroups > Rebuild Cache.
(2010-09-01, 04:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups';
Refresh the forum, and then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > usergroups > Rebuild Cache.

Ah, thank you do much. Just a question though, does this revoke any of my 'Super admin' and normal admin privileges?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure it'll be exactly how it was!

Thanks!
No; super admin are defined in a separate file, and all a super admin means is that you can't be edited/deleted/banned and automatically have access to all ACP areas, which you'll still have.
(2010-09-01, 04:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No; super admin are defined in a separate file, and all a super admin means is that you can't be edited/deleted/banned and automatically have access to all ACP areas, which you'll still have.

Just out of interest, if a super admin has access to all ACP areas? How is it I can accidentally lock myself out? Surely locking administrators from the panel, should leave the super admin account in tact, otherwise it locks it off for every admin, then (like me) they have to seek help to re-open it.

Thanks
It doesn't work like that; you need to be in an actual usergroup that has ACP access to be able to access it. Being listed as a super admin just gives you access to all ACP areas and stops you being edited/deleted/banned, if you're already actually an admin. It's not like removing ACP permissions from the admin group is something that should happen often, or often enough to always have the super admin account able to access it even if it's usergroup hasn't got ACP permissions.
(2010-09-01, 04:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work like that; you need to be in an actual usergroup that has ACP access to be able to access it. Being listed as a super admin just gives you access to all ACP areas and stops you being edited/deleted/banned, if you're already actually an admin. It's not like removing ACP permissions from the admin group is something that should happen often, or often enough to always have the super admin account able to access it even if it's usergroup hasn't got ACP permissions.

So does this mean that if another Admin maliciously revokes my permissions it has no effect due to the super admin status?

Also, if another admin mistakenly revokes access to the ACP for our group, does that mean I have to do this again? Is their a way to stop this happening, like restrict other people's access to it?

Thank you so much for your help by the way - it worked a treat! Wink
(2010-09-01, 04:55 PM)imanidiot Wrote: [ -> ]So does this mean that if another Admin maliciously revokes my permissions it has no effect due to the super admin status?

Yes, it won't matter.

(2010-09-01, 04:55 PM)imanidiot Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if another admin mistakenly revokes access to the ACP for our group, does that mean I have to do this again? Is their a way to stop this happening, like restrict other people's access to it?

You'd need to do this again. You can't restrict access to specifically this, it's more a case of just telling them not to do it.