MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Internal Error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (43)
Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.

What to do now?
Not really sure what I can say other than repeat the message there; it tells you exactly what you need to do. Either remove the install folder or put an empty file in it called lock Undecided
(2010-09-01, 04:32 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure what I can say other than repeat the message there; it tells you exactly what you need to do. Either remove the install folder or put and empty file in it called lock Undecided

Oh,if i remove the install directory,what about my Plugin and it's files?Will i be able to access Plugins,how to create a File?
Don't know what you mean about accessing plugin, this doesn't relate to plugins whatsoever, it's just a folder with the install files in it and need to be removed/locked before you can access the forum. It's probably easier if you just delete the install folder.
(2010-09-01, 04:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what you mean about accessing plugin, this doesn't relate to plugins whatsoever, it's just a folder with the install files in it and need to be removed/locked before you can access the forum. It's probably easier if you just delete the install folder.

I want to say that There are certain files which are uploaded to Install directory too,as we upload files in Inc!
No, the install folder only contains installation files; it wouldn't say to delete it if there was anything important in it.
(2010-09-01, 04:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, the install folder only contains installation files; it wouldn't say to delete it if there was anything important in it.
If in future,i want to change my domain/Hosting,won't it affect Mybb Current Borad,Please tell me how to create Lock File,Please.
It won't do anything to your board. It is only needed when you install, and when you upgrade, and when it's needed for upgrading, it'd provided for you. It's perfectly safe to delete it.

But if you really want to lock it, the file manager in your host control panel will probably have a feature for it, but it's perfectly fine to just delete it.
(2010-09-01, 04:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It won't do anything to your board. It is only needed when you install, and when you upgrade, and when it's needed for upgrading, it'd provided for you. It's perfectly safe to delete it.

But if you really want to lock it, the file manager in your host control panel will probably have a feature for it, but it's perfectly fine to just delete it.

Sir,even if i Move/Change my domain and hosting,deletion of Install Folder will have no effect?
No it won't. Just delete it.
Pages: 1 2