MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla 2 to MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started a forum in vanilla and I want to change over to mybb1.6. How does a person go about doing this? Is there some sort of import feature?
There is the MyBB Merge system, however the only Module for Vanilla is an unofficial one that I wrote for an external client & it isn't finished. It also requires a $10 payment to the Skin City Designs site (See how my sig says I do custom work there) to use it even if I was to finish it. Sorry about that.

If you really just started and you don't have much content yet, you could manually convert your posts and let your users re-register.
(2010-09-02, 02:29 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]There is the MyBB Merge system, however the only Module for Vanilla is an unofficial one that I wrote for an external client & it isn't finished. It also requires a $10 payment to the Skin City Designs site (See how my sig says I do custom work there) to use it even if I was to finish it. Sorry about that.

If you really just started and you don't have much content yet, you could manually convert your posts and let your users re-register.

The whole thing would only costs 10$?
For the software to do it youself. Part of SCD's services is doing the Merge for you. This is where Twitchy (Twitchin Kitten on SCD, Goggalor here on MyBB) does all the merge for you. However this is more expensive, especially if you want additional manual things such as smiley packs, a custom theme, etc... I believe the current base pricing for us to perform the merge for you is $50. But you'd need to follow the SCD link in my sig and check the current pricing schedule and/or join SCD and discuss it with Twitchy. She handles all the business side of things except any custom commissioned work I do.

EDIT: Moving this to Merge Support.
(2010-09-02, 04:59 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]For the software to do it youself. Part of SCD's services is doing the Merge for you. This is where Twitchy (Twitchin Kitten on SCD, Goggalor here on MyBB) does all the merge for you. However this is more expensive, especially if you want additional manual things such as smiley packs, a custom theme, etc... I believe the current base pricing for us to perform the merge for you is $50. But you'd need to follow the SCD link in my sig and check the current pricing schedule and/or join SCD and discuss it with Twitchy. She handles all the business side of things except any custom commissioned work I do.

EDIT: Moving this to Merge Support.

Sorry I've been on vacation, I am going to try and contact someone through the site now. Thanks.
I could do it for you for $20