MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deletion Of Main Admin Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What if i delete my main Admin A/c or ban it,who will b ethe admin then?
Suppose i am the main Admin with the User name Admin,then what will happen?
You can't delete or ban the first account made as it's a super admin, unless you have another admin, make them a super admin and they delete you. If you delete your own admin account though well... you won't have any admins. Banning an admin wouldn't have any effect on the ACP.
(2010-09-02, 09:17 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can't delete or ban the first account made as it's a super admin, unless you have another admin, make them a super admin and they delete you. If you delete your own admin account though well... you won't have any admins. Banning an admin wouldn't have any effect on the ACP.

You are wrong,i deleted my self,now i can't be the admin and my forum is lost!
I'm not wrong, I'm talking about other people deleting you. If you delete your own account then that's your own fault and I don't know why you'd do it if you didn't have any other admin accounts. What exactly did you expect was going to happen??

Register a new user and we can make it an admin.
(2010-09-02, 09:25 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not wrong, I'm talking about other people deleting you. If you delete your own account then that's your own fault and I don't know why you'd do it if you didn't have any other admin accounts. What exactly did you expect was going to happen??

Register a new user and we can make it an admin.
You will make it an Admin,Super?
yes.
you can do that from phpmyadmin on your cpanel (:
Create a new user, find the UID of that user and run this query in phpMyAdmin, replacing X with the actual UID:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X'
Also, set the superadmin in the inc/config.php to your new uid.