MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: closing announcements plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking for a plugin that shows forum announcements (with html code options) at the top of the forum, and have close button.
So when user we'll see and read the announcement, he can close it and never see it again.
It is done in the example of the new incoming private message announcement in default theme of mybb:
[attachment=19706]
vbulletin has this feature for announcements
(sorry for my bad english)
I think i know someone who did something similiar. let me see if he'll make it into a plugin for you.
I think this is a very useful feature - not forcing user to look at the announcement, which he has already seen 1000 times. I know perfectly well that "MyBB 1.6 Released" but why should I see this again and again?)))
I have this coded from a while ago, But its coded in jQuery. If you want it, I'll fix it up for release.
(2010-09-02, 08:40 PM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]I have this coded from a while ago, But its coded in jQuery. If you want it, I'll fix it up for release.

Em .. I'm not a programmer. So if it will works with MyBB, yes, of course.
Ok ill fix it up.
Bump :3
o.0 i forgot about this, I can't code it atm, But once im free i will finish this for you.
Bump :3
I made a modification to this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/board-messages

In the attachment you can find the modified version of the plugin:
[attachment=22877]

Copy the inc-folder from the zip file into your MyBB root folder and activate the plugin. Now add the board messages in AdminCP > Configuration > Board Messages.
Pages: 1 2