MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP Code Encryption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's best, safest, and free way to encrypt PHP code?

I'm in need of a good way to encrypt a script.
I know lots of popular scripts use ionCube.
Why would you need to encrypt the code?

It is executeable server code, not readable without the source file.

Are you planning on distributing it?
(2010-09-02, 11:31 PM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to encrypt the code?

It is executeable server code, not readable without the source file.

Are you planning on distributing it?

I'm not too sure if I'll be distributing it now, but if I will be, then yes.
base64_encode("whatever")

base64_decode("whatever")
I just dont see the point at all. PHP files are executeable, not readable.

You also can't execute encrypted code without another form of script interpreter.
ionCube is not free but it's really cheap and ionCube doesn't need to be installed on a server to use it (unlike some options like Zend).
(2010-09-03, 01:48 AM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]I just dont see the point at all. PHP files are executeable, not readable.

You also can't execute encrypted code without another form of script interpreter.

I dont think the point of him encrypting the code is to stop users using it , hes trying to encrypt it to stop users editing it.
(2010-09-03, 01:50 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]ionCube is not free but it's really cheap and ionCube doesn't need to be installed on a server to use it (unlike some options like Zend).

Yes it needs. ionCube must be installed on the server in order to run ionCube encoded files
A very simple example if you don't want to use anything too advanced.

$secret_code = base64_decode("TWFsY29sbQ==");
echo $secret_code;

It would output 'Malcolm'.

Pages: 1 2