MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can't start installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I tried to install the version of MyBB on my 1&1 provider webspace, (forum.webcom-one.com) but I can't, because this error appears:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/2/d332234683/htdocs/en_forum/inc/class_core.php on line 18 

This is the second board that I setup, but the first one runs pretty good and I had no problems: forum.webcom-one.de

Do I just go to forum.webcom-one.com/install and this message above appears...
Does your host provide PHP 5.1+??
MyBB 1.6 requires PHP version 5.1.0 or above. This error indicates your host is still running earlier PHP version.
Yes, that's possible true... there is a script or a file which I have to put into the myBB folder, in order to use php5.1+, which one is that?

I put some lines into one file on the other, first board and that was ok. But there was the problem on another position. I started the installation and after I give all information about my Database, the script of myBB Installation just hang up...
No Ideas what I should do?