MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UPS - I lol'd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, most people here will have heard of UPS. For those who havent, it is an international courier. I bought a new Keyboard (PC) and ordered it with next day delivery. This is what arrived;

1. A HUGE box. I thought "WTF? Maybe this is my new mobo and stuff too." (thats a standard 150ml Lynx Deoderant bottle for a comparison):
[Image: IMG_0703.JPG]

2. opened it up - greeted by a mountain of packaging.
[Image: IMG_0699.JPG]
[Image: IMG_0700.JPG]

3. Theres my keyboard at the bottom....:
[Image: IMG_0701.JPG]

So. We (the world) are running out of resources. Oil (used to make plastics is running out fast!). Why on earth did I even need 80-90% of that packaging. If you look at the pics. The object was on the BOTTOM! So my keyboard would easily be damaged if dropped - thus the packaging servers no purpose.....

i lol'd.
FAIL, UPS, FAIL.
My new keyboard that came yesterday came in a thin, blue packaging which didn't do the keyboard much good when the postman put it through the postbox, letting it clattering it to the floor.
What a waste! But I still think UPS is the coolest courier.
I don't think it was UPS so much as the people that sent it to you. Typically they are the ones who choose the packaging, not UPS.
(2010-09-03, 07:45 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it was UPS so much as the people that sent it to you. Typically they are the ones who choose the packaging, not UPS.

Well actually you are wrong there. UPS do offer a packaging service but in all honesty I would never think UPS would pack goods of that size in a box that could potentially fit several more.

I would believe the supplier is the oil wasting git's.
I've Received 3 packages from different companies via UPS and they all arrived in the same way. Yet Royal Mail ParcelForce delivers with a reasonable amount of packaging Smile
Wow, I didn't know Parcelforce was owned by Royal Mail, I always thought it was another individual courier company.
Actually,had a look at their site and they possibly aren't. I'm sure PF was on the RM site Smile

Anyway, according to PF it'll cost me £34.50 to deliver a 10kg parcel 180m....
Yeah, they are, just checked on Wikipedia.

Parent: Royal Mail Group Ltd
Pages: 1 2