MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you like to swim? Join the discussion at Swim Forums!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I have some more reviews please Smile
No one? We're getting some activity right now.
I have just made the decision to remove signatures from Swim Forums.

Most real users don't actually use signatures, and the only people that did were the signature spammers. I got tired of the extremely poor quality posts from the spammers, so I have removed signatures all together - and my members seem happy.

Either way, I'm very glad for the direction Swim Forums is going. I don't really promote it (almost all traffic it gets is organic search engine traffic), and although it is not extremely active - a few posts a day - it does get a very diverse group of members who you usually wouldn't find using online forums at all (this is why marketing a swimming forum is so hard). But if you look just a few minutes ago I was discussing swimming breathing techniques with a man who is 59 years old. It's impressive to see the diverse demographic the forum has reached.
Think I'm going to take part in this forum. I can't swim and if there was a tsurnami or something I would not survive. That's why I hate boats. xD Maybe you guys can give me some tips.
(2011-08-04, 12:45 AM)Fluffybunny Wrote: [ -> ]Think I'm going to take part in this forum. I can't swim and if there was a tsurnami or something I would not survive. That's why I hate boats. xD Maybe you guys can give me some tips.
Glad to hear it!

I definitely think that at least basic competence in swimming is a must for all people. I work part time as a lifeguard and I'm always glad to see a small child learning how to swim fairly well - it's good to know that if they somehow fall into water either off a boat or just trip into a pool they would be able to get out.
Small child? I'm 20 in Feb. O.o

I've had swimming training but I usually forget what I've been told.
(2011-08-04, 12:52 AM)Fluffybunny Wrote: [ -> ]Small child? I'm 20 in Feb. O.o

I've had swimming training but I usually forget what I've been told.

Just an anecdote - I meant to say that its always great to see someone learn how to swim. In my case, I usually see small children learn but its important for anybody of any age to learn.
Ah! I got mistaken. I thought you were calling me a little kid. Toungue I shall try stay active on your board but no promises. My board will be off to the full moon tomorrow due to a contest but I'll check around whenever I have the free chance.
impressive job cool that is nice keep job Toungue
Pages: 1 2