MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you like to swim? Join the discussion at Swim Forums!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I created Swim Forums a while ago, but due to time restraints, I kind of neglected it and it died. Now, I have decided to bring it back!

Swim Forums has gone through a bunch of changes, starting with a brand new look! (The Cure with some minor changes). Now, this usually goes against my no-premade themes rule, but the theme just seems perfect for a swimming forum, and with a few minor modifications it looks great.

Swim Forums is a community for both competitive and non-competitive swimmers and coaches. Whether you swim 2 hours a day, or just on the off weekend in your friend's backyard, there's something in this forum for you. General discussion is always there for people that don't know much about swimming, but as you learn you are welcome to join in.

I hope that a few members from MyBB join and help make it active again. I do have high hopes for this forum Smile Members get to browse the forums completely ad free.

http://www.swimforums.net
Cool look Smile

But....um.... 1 thing.... How does a forum help you get better at swimming? Wink
(2010-09-04, 07:50 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Cool look Smile

But....um.... 1 thing.... How does a forum help you get better at swimming? Wink

Well, (at least when it was active :p), we had several active coaches on the forums who would help give tips and workout plans, some swimmers posted videos of themselves swimming and they got advice, lots of different stuff. Smile

I'm going to be contacting the coaches that used to be active specifically and ask them to come back. They were big help to the community.

Also, just added in forum icons and bigger on/off icons.
Hmm, the theme is interesting but not my type of style...
Our activity is starting to pick up Smile
Nice forum, I don't swim myself but good luck with it!
Thanks Aaron!
Wow, i like the logo so much xD. Nice job! Big Grin
Love the logo and the modifications done to the theme, it looks nothing like MyBB Toungue

Great job :p
(2010-09-10, 06:51 PM)Angel C Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, i like the logo so much xD. Nice job! Big Grin

(2010-09-11, 12:21 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Love the logo and the modifications done to the theme, it looks nothing like MyBB Toungue

Great job :p

Thanks a lot Big Grin I made a black and white version of the logo in the original theme, but I made a new version with colors to match the theme and a nicer font.

Why doesn't it look like MyBB :p I know that the Welcome Box I think is a small change that really makes a big difference - because it gives good information about the forum in an easy to read manner, with a Login box that actually works with browser's saved password functions.
Pages: 1 2