MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Outdated text or code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Seems like the wiki documentation about the Merge System is outdated, isn't it? (text says MyBB 1.4 and screenshots show MyBB 1.2)

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Running_the_Merge_System

Ok and my main question... I have downloaded today the latest merge system and when I run it I can see the following:

[Image: screenlo.png]

MyBB 1.4 in the board selection list?? Is that a text mistake? or there is inside the package the old code to actually merge from MyBB 1.4? According to this page, it is possible to merge only from MyBB 1.6 and not from previous versions.

Thanks.

Edit: the merge help forum link in this page is also outdated. It links to MyBB 1.4 merge help archived forum.

All this outdated stuff gives a bad impression of MyBB to the new users coming from different forum systems.
Alot of the wiki is outdated. Feel free to update it.
(2010-09-04, 07:08 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Alot of the wiki is outdated. Feel free to update it.

Ok, thanks for your reply. Now, I will appreciate replies regarding my main question on this thread, which is about "MyBB 1.4" showing up in the "board selection" list on the Merge system for MyBB 1.6.

My other comments about the outdated wiki and the outdated website page can be taken just as some feedback.
It's been fixed in the development code for the next release of the MyBB Merge System Smile

Despite it saying it's the "MyBB 1.4 (Merge)" it's actually for 1.6 and will work all the same.
It's good to know that. Thanks. Smile