MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: seo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I used:

[code<meta&nbsp;name="Keywords"&nbsp;content="The Discusssion Zone, Discussion Forum, Discussion Zone, Discussion Computing, Gaming, Coding, Graphics, Monetizing, Chat, Webmaster, Internet"&nbsp;>
<meta&nbsp;name="Description"&nbsp;content="The Discussion Zone is a free community offering support in many areas including gaming, graphics & webmaster."&nbsp;>
{$headerinclude} [/code]

In Index, but it hasn't changed the description on Google, Yahoo,etc. It's been there for about 2 weeks. Any idea why it's not changing?

Code is in Index

http://thediscussionzone.com

Thankyou.
Your code is incorrect, remove those &nbsp; 's.
(2010-09-04, 07:25 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Your code is incorrect, remove those &nbsp; 's.

I did, they keep coming back though.
That is why your description won't appear, the &nbsp; 's are invalidating the code. I have no idea why they are appearing, because they shouldn't be.
Is Index the right template?
I think it's meant to go in the headerinclude template.
Go to ungrouped templates >> headerinclude >> customize the text below and put it there before everything

Quote:<meta name="description" content=" And something here like this ">
<meta name="keywords" content="write, something, here, like, this ">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" >

Then add an image named favicon.ico in your root
(2010-09-04, 07:48 PM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ungrouped templates >> headerinclude >> customize the text below and put it there before everything

This is the way I always advice people to use Smile
(2010-09-04, 07:48 PM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ungrouped templates >> headerinclude >> customize the text below and put it there before everything

The OP has the Google SEO plugin installed which already creates dynamic meta tags and descriptions for threads and forums, so the meta's shouldn't be in headerinclude, they need to be on the pages that Google SEO doesn't cover. The index is the correct template.
The codes not 100% right, not sure if that would cause the problem you're having but worth a try anyway:

<meta name="description" content="The Discussion Zone is a free community offering support in many areas including gaming, graphics & webmaster." />
<meta name="keywords" content="The Discusssion Zone, Discussion Forum, Discussion Zone, Discussion Computing, Gaming, Coding, Graphics, Monetizing, Chat, Webmaster, Internet" />
Pages: 1 2