MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow Guests to view attachments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm 90% through coding a "portal" like CMS News system for my own use.

Im pulling posts with inline post attachments and displaying them in their own page like a news system.

Iv just noticed all the images are coming up as a red X for guests. But logged in works fine.

I totally understand why this happens (guests, members etc), but are we able to open up the attachments for general use so i can use like this....

example.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=2 as the img src and it will show up in anything (forum, outside forum, regular html pages etc)?

Many Thanks Smile
find the place where the images are stored on your server and don't use the php script i guess

or change the permissions in ACP to download attatchemnts by guests
Iv changed the ACP permissions.. doesnt seem to work... when accessing the attachment.php file directly with img src, the image still shows up as an X.

I looked into finding where the images are stored on the server, but its stored as a .attach file ? No idea how to change that to an image..
Hmmmm... might now know why the images wont show..

The original threads are posted in a admin viewable only forum. So im guessing even with guests allowed to download attachements selected, the admin only forum will override it.

Anyway round this?

Again, just wanting to open up the attachments.php file for general image use.
OK sorted now. Close thread please.

Created my own attachments file. Found out how to use the .attach files from the original .php file.

Cheers