MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HP G61: Will it support UT3/Oblivion/any other game I might want?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I got my new computer -- an HP G61 -- today, and want to know if it can play Oblivion or UT3. Here are some of the specs:

320GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 (128MB dedicated VRAM)
AMD II Dual-core CPU @ 2GHz (per core, I'm assuming)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Win7 Home Premium

Well?
The game recomends 3ghz single core, if the game uses the second core your fine. (OB) UT3 will run fine on that.

Other games it all depends.
Your graphics settings will have to be low on most games Sad 128mb isn't much.

I was playing GTA IV on my laptop and even with 256mb dedicated I was on real low settings Sad
Gta IV want's CPU, not graphics. So the cpu looks slow to me.
And that mobility radeon with only 128mb of vram doesn't look good. If you are buying a new laptop get a better one!
Lol, I'm not going to be playing GTA IV. Toungue Most I'm going to be geting is Oblivion, UT3 and MAYBE MW1.

And the fact that I can play Sauer and BF (maybe Toribash 3.9, haven't tested) on highest settings. >.>
Yes but GTA on it's lowest settings requires about 180-200mb graphics and >2.3-2.5ghz CPU dual core Smile
How many times do I have to say I'm not going to be playing GTA IV?! xD
He is just pointing that out so you can get a better grip on things. The card is bad unfortunately...
(2010-09-05, 02:54 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I got my new computer -- an HP G61 -- today, and want to know if it can play Oblivion or UT3. Here are some of the specs:

320GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 (128MB dedicated VRAM)
AMD II Dual-core CPU @ 2GHz (per core, I'm assuming)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Win7 Home Premium

Well?

Well, I think you're going to have trouble if you try and play certain games like GTA IV.

*facepalm*

I'M NOT GOING TO BE PLAYING GTA IV.

@dikidera: I get that, but honestly I don't want to play anything that requires a ridiculous graphics card. UT3 and Oblivion are fine for me.
Pages: 1 2