MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SOLVED: Unable to add more than 1 attachment to a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed my first MyBB site a couple of weeks ago, and I hope someone can help me... When I create a new post and click Browse, I can only select a single file for an attachment. My options are to Update Attachment or Add Attachment. Clicking either one will attach the file. I would expect to be able to add a second file now, maybe by clicking the Add Attachment button, and then browsing for another one... But once there is an attachment, I no longer have the option to add/browse for another one. All I can do, at that point, is insert it into the post or remove it.

What file(s) could have been corrupted? I'm on MyBB 1.6 using the default theme, with numerous plugins.
Quote:Registration Checkboxes Plugin (Thomas Hruska, CubicleSoft Core)
Ajax PM Notification (Sebastian Winderlich)
Framed Avatar (Bomfile)
Construction Mode (Nickman)
Contact Form (Nickman)
Cool Download BBCode (Jesse Labrocca)
Default Avatar (santiago Dimattia)
Delete Member Posts (Jesse Labrocca)
Register New Members to Drupal (Lennart Sauter)
Easy Refer (Jesse Labrocca)
Email On New Member Signup (MyBBoard.de)
ezGallery Lite (vbgamer45)
Facebook Suite (Lennart Sauter)
FBLike (Nayar)
Hide Post Contents (Jammerx2)
User Profile Image Birthday (Asterix)
Infobar (Sebastian Wunderlich)
Multi Attachments (Jammerx2) -- installed this one AFTER noticing the problem
Mark Thread Read (Nickman)
Online 24 (Jesse Labrocca)
Original Poster Image (Ryan Loos)
Page Manager (Sebastian Wunderlich)

Pro Attachments (Mohammed Zangeneh) -- this was the probable candidate for the cause of the problem, but I installed on test board and attachments are still working fine

Profile Comments (Santiago Dimattia)
Facebook Profile on Postbit (Asterix)
Prune Members (Jesse Labrocca)
Settings Cleaner (Nickman)
Thread Notes (Jesse Labrocca)
Username History (Jesse Labrocca)
View All Posts By a User In Thread (Starpaul20)

As you see from my screen shots here, THIS site (of course) works fine! It works fine on my test site too, where I had made no significant plugin installations.

I went ahead and installed all the same plugins on the test site, and attachments still behave normally. I am new to MyBB and PHP, but took a look at the post_attachments templates, to compare the production site to the test site. I did not see any differences. I use the Apart Twilight theme on both, and the tempates for that one are what I checked. Can anyone help me correct this problem?

Thanks so much!!
Have you made sure:

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Posting -> "Maximum Allowed Attachments" is not "1"

Smile
(2010-09-05, 07:54 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure:

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Posting -> "Maximum Allowed Attachments" is not "1"

Oh man! I saw that setting once, and I was the one that set it to "1". I completely forgot about that! I sure wish I had asked about it and waited for a reply before wasting so much time trying to duplicate the issue on my test site! Oh well -- I won't forget about that setting again!

Thanks a lot!!