MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My acccount is gone during a host change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I moved from sitefrost to hawk host, but I cannot log in, so I went into Inc/settings.php to open the board and saw in Forum Team my username was not in it! Now today I went to check the same but then on my old host and how the hell my username there is also gone.

Now what to do ?
Contact your host , your site transfer might not be fully complete.
They did all they could they told me.
Edit:
Quote:We restored exactly what was in the backup. You could import a newer database if you changed stuff once switched over but we cannot really do much more here. We took exactly what the old host gave us.
How long ago since the switch?

I know from past experiences that it can take up to 48 hours in some cases for the switch to complete and for the website to resolve correctly.
Well I looked into the database and the user file, in which all users are listed, and my account that should be first in line isn't present on the hawk host server or that of sitefrost. It is gone by it self or an action by me, Bob or whatever.

I think what you are saying is not the case, as re-registerd on my board and saw my old account has all its post but the username appears as un-registered.
Register a new account on the forum, then run this in phpMyAdmin replacing X with the actual User ID:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `gid` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Then open config.php and add your UID to the list of Super Admins on line 70.
Is this to get my old acccount back or to make me admin again with my new account ?
That will make you admin again with your new account.
(2010-09-05, 03:04 PM)master412160 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this to get my old acccount back or to make me admin again with my new account ?

That'll make the new account an admin.

If you want to get all your old posts associated with the new account, also run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `uid` = 'X' WHERE `username` = 'Y'

Replace X with the new account User ID and Y with the username of the deleted admin.

Then go to ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild

Run Rebuild Thread Counters and Rebuild User Post Counts
Thanks alot! We will try this out ASAP
Pages: 1 2