MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going Paid with MyBB Made Me Profits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I opened my iPhone Modding forum a week ago with friends. This is like my forth site to date. We invested about 50 bucks into the site.

My Forum Stats after the first week was 65 Members, 246 Threads, and 613 Posts. Almost 1200 Unique Visitors and I have gotten almost 70 bucks in donations. About 20 dollars in profits.

This was my first time paying for servers and domains. I used free domains and servers prior to this and the sites failed. Going paid has been sucessful. The only thing I didn't pay for is using MyBB as a CMS but with paid addons (Page Manager, MyDownloads, Portal) with some free plugins. ).

Going fully free doesn't help, going paid with MyBB is friggin awesome.
Definitely Smile You'll get out of a forum only what you put in. If you don't put anything in, you get nothing out.

Glad to hear a success story.
Man, I put $60 into my site, and it failed miserably.
How'd you do it!? Big Grin
Wow nice, how did you get tons of members?
I gotta say advertise where forums allow you to. Also content, plays a LOT in bringing visitors.
I've told my staff to advertise, but they're lazy... :/
(2010-09-06, 04:34 AM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]I've told my staff to advertise, but they're lazy... :/

Why is it there job to advertise? It's your forum...
It's their job if you make it their job Wink
Advertising is really the administrator's job, your moderaters should be posting most of the time, and getting content, or making your forum stats rise up.
(2010-09-06, 07:04 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]It's their job if you make it their job Wink

Staff and member advertising comes when they naturally want to advertise it, as in they find it truly fun and enjoy being part of the community. You can't force somebody to advertise your site, at least if you aren't going to be paying them.
Pages: 1 2 3