MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem: Merging two 1.6 MyBBs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I'm using two MyBBs and want to merge them together.

Both forums are 1.6 and I'm using of course Merge 1.6.

When starting Merge I'm entering the correct DB configuration. But when pressing the "Next"-button only an empty site appears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
bigfraggle
You mean the next page of the Merge is blank?

Are you using the official download or something from the svn?
Yes, I am using the download from this page.

I feed in the data, press "next" and then a blank site appears and nothing happens.
(2010-09-07, 08:52 AM)bigfraggle Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am using the download from this page.

I feed in the data, press "next" and then a blank site appears and nothing happens.

Ok, I'll look into this as soon as I can. I don't know any reason it should be doing that. Can you provide me your server information (Webserver [Apache?] Version, MySQL or other DB version & type, and PHP Version) and I'll make sure to eliminate those as possible causes first.
Target forum where I am starting Merge 1.6:

PHP Version: 5.2.14
SQL Engine: MySQL 5.0.67
Server Software: Apache (unknown version)

Source forum:

PHP Version: 5.2.14
MySQL 4.0.27
Server Software: Apache (unknown version)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Maybe the two different MySQL-versions are causing this problem?
It is I'm thinking, because of the changes you have to make to some core MyBB files to make it work on MySQL 4. Try exporting your database from the old server & import it into the new server as a secondary db. Do this & then try running the Merge system targeting that as the "old" db.

EDIT: For the relevant info on MySQL 4: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installing
Since you're using the db files from a non-edited MyBB (And you don't want to edit them either) this will probably cause issues.
Ok, I've updated the source DB to MySQL 5 and now the Merge works.

But I've got new problems in the united forum (stats, cache etc. are updated):

The Link "last post" doesn't work at many threads which come from the old source forum. When clicking on it, you sometimes get page 1, sometimes page xy but never the last page.

Most of the threads and postings of the old source forum are not searchable. You get no results in the search.

In some cases the count of replies is not displayed correctly. If there are x replies then Mybb tells that there are x+1.

New suggestions would be great!

Thanks
bigfraggle
(2010-09-09, 10:38 AM)bigfraggle Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I've updated the source DB to MySQL 5 and now the Merge works.

But I've got new problems in the united forum (stats, cache etc. are updated):

The Link "last post" doesn't work at many threads which come from the old source forum. When clicking on it, you sometimes get page 1, sometimes page xy but never the last page.

Most of the threads and postings of the old source forum are not searchable. You get no results in the search.

In some cases the count of replies is not displayed correctly. If there are x replies then Mybb tells that there are x+1.

New suggestions would be great!

Thanks
bigfraggle

In your AdminCP->Tools & Maint. you need to run the Recount & Rebuild tools, and also in the Cache section rebuild the various Caches.
Like I said, I've updated the stats and cache already... Undecided
Sorry, missed the meaning of that part in parens. Ok. Hmm. I've never seen this before. I've seen the number of replies being incorrect, and the last post being incorrect, however both are corrected when you run the Recount/Rebuild tools.
Pages: 1 2