MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.1 "Last post" incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a post on my board, however now 2 of the forums say that the last post was the one I posted in. Did I confuse you yet?

Eg:

Section 1
Forum 1: Last post by Joe in "I want a car" <---- (Real thread)
Forum 2: Last post by Tom in "Ducks win"

Section 2
Forum 3: Last post by Jill in "'Gil!"
Forum 4: Last post by Joe in "I want a car" <---- (Thread does not exist in this forum)

Section 3
Forum 5: Last post by Rob in "When can we meet?"
Forum 6: Last post by Mouse in "New cheese"

The thread has never been moved, opened, closed, unapproved, or approved. I could post a screenshot but I think the above information describes it perfectly.

PHP, MyBB 1.1, MySQL 4.X

PS the post happens to be a poll. I believe it has happened with other non-poll threads. Also, the quick link on the index page which shows the last post links to the correct post despite it being listed on the wrong forum.
Can you upload this attachment to your main MyBB folder, and run it from your browser. Then make a post in the same forum (Forum 1?) and see if it still makes a last post in Forum 4.
It has only happened once or twice. If I make more posts in forum 1, 2 or 3 - etc, they do not get posted in a random forum. Should I still take a look at this php file?
Yes.
Canadian, can you tell us whether or not that file fixed your problem?
Actually, I lost track of this thread. Didn't run the file. Everything is working fine at the moment. Hasn't happened again Smile
incidently my forum had the same problem when I added a new forum just a day ago, and the file fixed it - So I guess you can say, that yes, it did fix it.