MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [PAID] PHP Coder Needed for MyBB Ratings Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am in need of a PHP coder to modify the MyBB Thread Rating System for a custom website I am developing. I will do my very best to explain my needs for this modification:

When a user is making a New Reply (only a New Reply, not a new thread), right under the "Subject" field, there should be a new field for advanced ratings. This will allow the user the rate 5 separate ratings for the thread using MyBB's built in ratings system script. This must be required in order to make a reply, and if the users does not fill out these advanced ratings, an error must be displayed.

Here's what we have so far:
[attachment=19782]

Now after the new reply is published, the detailed ratings will be displayed at the top of the post, right above where the message content will be displayed like so:
[attachment=19783]

In addition to showing the five new advanced ratings on each post reply, it should also display the overall average of the five new ratings, like it shows in the preview above.

Now, the system must find the average of the overall averages in each thread (if there are multiple replies), and display that at the top of the Showthread page:
[attachment=19784]

Notice at the very top of the last preview that there is an "Overall Average" which is calculated by tabulating all of the five new ratings in each reply and finding the overall average. This "overall average" of all averages should now also be displayed on the forumdisplay page and any subsequent mentions of the rating column:
[attachment=19785]

While the normal MyBB rating system allows users to rate threads without posting replies, this should not be allowed in the modification. The only way a user can rate threads is to post a reply and fill out the advanced star ratings.

This needs to be created in the form of a MyBB plugin. When creating the plugin, please do not have the template changes automatically installed. I would like instructions provided to manually update the templates myself, because I am already using a heavily modified base template.

I will pay you with PayPal upon completion of this modification. Please provide me with a quote for your services by replying to this thread or sending me a PM. Please also provide a few examples of other plugins/works that you have already created. Even though I am paying you to develop this plugin, I would have absolutely no problem if you were to distribute this to other websites or services. I will hopefully make my decision of which coder to choose within a couple week.

Please note that the screenshots that I have provided are only mockups, and I have not done any coding.

Please let me know of any questions you may have, and thanks in advance for your time.
Hi,
I am interested, Please tell me if you are still looking. You can contact me priya[dot]bizarredesigns[at]gmail[dot]com
(2010-09-10, 06:28 AM)Bhavya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am interested, Please tell me if you are still looking. You can contact me priya[dot]bizarredesigns[at]gmail[dot]com
Thank you very much for the offer, but I am looking for someone who is a bit more experienced in the MyBB community.

This would be an awsomenplugi when it's done, great if you have a post showing how good each staff member rated something(eg.a logo).
(2010-09-10, 09:53 AM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]This would be an awsomenplugi when it's done, great if you have a post showing how good each staff member rated something(eg.a logo).
Definitely. And as I said earlier, even though I will be paying to develop this modification, I have no problem if the coder releases this mod to others for free.

Still accepting offers, if anyone else is interested.
Thanks to all who have submitted offers, I have found the coder for this job.

Mods, please close this thread.