MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stickies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i restrict stickies to say 5, then it would go to next page.

Regards
I don't know if this is possible yet, you might want to look for a modification on mods.mybboard.net
You've asked this before and I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve. The point of sticky threads is that they always show at the top of the forum; if you only want a certain amount to show, before some show on the next page or something, it's completely defeating the purpose. What are you actually trying to do here?? What do you mean by 'it' would go to the next page??
(2010-09-07, 10:36 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've asked this before and I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve. The point of sticky threads is that they always show at the top of the forum, whatever page you're on; if you only want a certain amount to show, before some show on the next page or something, it's completely defeating the purpose. What are you actually trying to do here?? What do you mean by 'it' would go to the next page??

Im trying to restrict stickies as news and want to to show 5 at a time before it goes to the next page, so in my case its not deafeating the object.

Regards

Well I'll move this to plugin requests, but I still don't know what you want to do and don't know if any plugin authors will be able to do it.
You can't restrict the number of stickies that can appear on a forum. Who is going to use this, people like to put a lot of stickies on their forums. Smile
If a stickie is not on top of the first page then its not a stickie anymore. What you need something sililar to this plugin: first post on all pages

That plugin displays the first post of the thread on top of all pages , only difference is you need it for threads as apposed to posts.