MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Freakin' Spam ~ First (few) Post Moderation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Getting sick of the Spammers (who isn't). I'm sure this has probably been posted but I couldn't find it in my searches...

Would it be (or is it) possible to make it so that the first post or posts could be moderated? I don't want to moderate ever post on the board, just the first post or maybe up to five...(?) just so I can decide if someone is a valid participating member or some spammer wanting to flood my site with crud.

If such a feature exists, I haven't been able to find it in my control panel.

Great application, though. I used MyBB on several of my websites.
That might require a plugin, which I don't think it exists yet.

Meanwhile you can activate Akismet, and follow this tutorial to prevent it from banning active members: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74630.html
StopForumSpam plugin will do this for you.
Use the user rights management and the promotion system. After registration, users are moved to the default group. Just set it so that contributions by that group must be moderated. Users with a given number of (accepted) posts are then promoted to a different user group that can freely post.
(2010-09-07, 01:41 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Use the user rights management and the promotion system. After registration, users are moved to the default group. Just set it so that contributions by that group must be moderated. Users with a given number of (accepted) posts are then promoted to a different user group that can freely post.

I have tried to figure out how to do this, but I haven't been able to. I can do it easily on one other forum I have (vBulletin), but I have not been able to figure out how to make it happen on MyBB. If you say there is a way, I will look more closely at it.
Create a new group(make the default group) where all posts need to be moderated. Then create a promotion based on posts to the regular registered group where posts aren't moderated.
(2010-09-07, 02:32 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Create a new group(make the default group) where all posts need to be moderated. Then create a promotion based on posts to the regular registered group where posts aren't moderated.

I have same problem with spammers.
I'm sorry, but I found no such option (to moderate posts of the group) in group settings. Where to find this option?
[attachment=20656]

You can only do this for users, not for groups.
Yes... i know it. Hence - there is no such option for groups. And... is there any way to set moderation for newbies? For example i ban some evil user, next day (dynamic IP adress changes) he registers again and write bad things so everybody reads his posts... Sad
You'll need a plugin to set usergroups' posts to be moderated.

Let me see if its doable and if I can cook up something.
Pages: 1 2