MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been getting a number of error messages since upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.4.13 (months ago, just now having time to deal with them). I did have trouble during the install and used a back-up database to reinstate, which seemed to work. The most common error message I have gotten is like the following for a variety of attachment files, which appear to be isolated to two specific months (201001 and 200904) and possibly a limited number of specific post IDs:

Type: 2
File: attachment.php (Line no. 150)
file_get_contents(./uploads/201001/post_66_1263666134_74dd4d31266ebf3e8576742b95da9343.attach) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Have I lost these attachment files? Can I recover them from prior database back-ups? I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Beth
www.brateaseboard.com
Did you at any point delete your files...?? Looks like you have lost attachments, what's in the ./uploads/ folder??
Thanks for your response, Matt. I did not delete anything knowingly. Otherwise, the ./uploads/folder is full of all kinds of attachments for all other months and pids contained therein. I find it so strange that it seems to be isolated. Is it possibly related to a deactivated user or something like that? There was also a malware attack on my host server in May. I started receiving the errors in June, which was also right after I upgraded.

If I can't recover the files, how can I stop the email error messages?
I am still receiving errors for what seems to be a limited number of missing files. I am getting numerous error messages every day. Any advice on how I can pinpoint the affected posts or threads and stop the error messages?
~Beth
I found a function in the ACP to deactivate the emails.