MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tasty Stuff is Comming Soon For ALL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: I guess Diversity Solutions INC already owned by someone else. I guess I need to make up a new name.......Blush

Let me start off by saying that my company is still under the works so its not complete JUST yet.

I'd like to introduce you guys to Diversity Solutions. A all around of diverse applications for programmers, gamers, hackers, graphic makers, webmasters, and even fashion designers.

For about 8 years of past experince on creating websites and leading projects it came to sence that I need to create something that will unique the internet forever. Like Ubuntu and Free forum software that revoultionary the net today.

Basicly I'm asking for volunteers to help create <Website not open.>

What does our projects involve? Good question.
--Forum Diversity (FD): A Free forum software uniquely created for people who wan't to really have an easy going forum that does everything, I mean by everything. Competition to any others? Who said anything about that? We just lookm for what people really wan't, the visitors and members get to choose what they wan't for their software, not the company. More details when site is up.

--Diversity Home: A optional Operating System that is deticated to handel all PC games. Unlike Ubuntu Ultimate edition and Windows 7, or even mac, it will be unique in its own very way. The plan is to set a GREAT balance to direct video game players at its maximum. More details once site is up.

--Offline FTP Database Imagery: This might revoultionize the webmaster a great deal.

For example: Lets say you would like to install MyBB onto your website, BUT, you do not wan't it on the internet. Like you just want to test it out. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I might have found a way to reverse engineer the MySQL Database system by creating a Mirrior Image that will make your offline broweser make you think you are online. (Such as a hard drive image disk.) So you could simply Open this software plugit into your desired browser and let it work as if you were online. However you would need to copy all the files of that forum software to the Image file, and a copy of your MySQL database to make it work successfully. From there you would just open your broweser and input the link you allowcated it to and wollaw, the installation process.

After the install for most programs it says "Please delete/hide the install file for security purposes." Thats easy as well, just simply open the 'Offline FTP Database Imagery' file you placed your MyBB files and delete/hide the install!

Tah-dah! Enjoy your testing grounds with no rules and limitations. Now what happens when you go online, thats easy. Just turn off your 'Offline FTP Database Imagery' and hop on to the internet and try out your tested modifications you did while offline etc. Big Grin

So thats just the few ammount what I'll be working on mostly. Right now I'm digitaling anime a XBOX 360 video game that will be released for Free to people to download soon from Diversity Solutions.

If you would like to help this Free program, send me a PM. I do not need personel details of you.
I don't think you should be advertising other forum software here....
Quote:For example: Lets say you would like to install MyBB onto your website, BUT, you do not wan't it on the internet. Like you just want to test it out. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I might have found a way to reverse engineer the MySQL Database system by creating a Mirrior Image that will make your offline broweser make you think you are online. (Such as a hard drive image disk.) So you could simply Open this software plugit into your desired browser and let it work as if you were online. However you would need to copy all the files of that forum software to the Image file, and a copy of your MySQL database to make it work successfully. From there you would just open your broweser and input the link you allowcated it to and wollaw, the installation process.

Basically WAMP/XAMMPP/LAMP/MAMP or any other local server software....
Quote:--Diversity Home: A optional Operating System that is deticated to handel all PC games. Unlike Ubuntu Ultimate edition and Windows 7, or even mac, it will be unique in its own very way. The plan is to set a GREAT balance to direct video game players at its maximum. More details once site is up.
Is this an OS? Or an emulator? What would you write it in? Why would I not just run MAC OSX and then linux and Windows in visualization...
This sounds like a lot of hot air.
(2010-09-09, 10:40 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a lot of hot air.

This.

No offence but you don't have the best track record for finishing stuff, like me Toungue
(2010-09-08, 06:35 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should be advertising other forum software here....

Its not spam, it doesn't exsist yet, the forum software will come last after I have released the OS which will probably be written and coded in about oh say 1-2 years from now when its finnished. Deppends.

The customers/users of our community will be the ones who will make the feature list, then we break it down into segments of features and put all the features people requested in certain versions so we don't cloud the entire thaing in one BIG but file. However there will be an Online Emulator withut people downloading it and they also get to see the example core filles and everything while its in production.

Tommyk Wrote:Basically WAMP/XAMMPP/LAMP/MAMP or any other local server software....

I suppose but some people need to pay for that stuff. Some I bet is free I guess if your lucky, but just jump online and wollah, Offline FTP testing grounds.

Nitrus Wrote:This sound like a lot of hot air.

I'm not sure what you mean but I guess I could work on my grammer to make it more legit, advise is welcomed.

In any case, I chose MyBB because its a leader software that would probably understand me, but I'm guessing its not, also the users here are REAAAAAALLLLLY into the ways of judgeing users by taste, most users on here are 'negative nancy' when it comes to mods and themes, WHICH is a good thaing.

So replies are welcomed. new name for the company is discussable between me and my staff members.
What I mean is, your OS will not be picked up by a big enough market to sustain it. I don't see the point in doing it? What are you trying to gain from developing an OS?
(2010-09-10, 02:30 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-08, 06:35 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should be advertising other forum software here....

Its not spam, it doesn't exsist yet, the forum software will come last after I have released the OS which will probably be written and coded in about oh say 1-2 years from now when its finnished. Deppends.

The customers/users of our community will be the ones who will make the feature list, then we break it down into segments of features and put all the features people requested in certain versions so we don't cloud the entire thaing in one BIG but file. However there will be an Online Emulator withut people downloading it and they also get to see the example core filles and everything while its in production.

Firstly I did not say it was spam and do not come to the conclusion that's what I'm incinuating here. The point I was making is that advertising another forum software on MyBB's forum isn't really the best way to go. It would be like Apple putting a microoft ad for Windows on their Mac site. It just wouldn't happen...

So you're going to single-handedly design a competitive OS in 2-3 years, recreate what's already free (yes, WAMP for windows is free, not to mention MySQL/PHP/Apache are also free if you're running a linux system) and create a new forum system all at the same time?

Good luck with that. why would you do that
BTW: @MadZulu, what programming languages do you know? Because, an FTP software would be in VB, C#, C or something. OS would be in C, Forum would be in PHP/MySQL or ASP/MsSQL if you dae Toungue

So thats a minimum of 2 or 3 language and possibly more. If it included Ajax, javascript and CSS/HTML elements for the forum. Graphics experience. An indepth understanding of OSes.... I doubt anyone could achieve this alone.
Pages: 1 2